Sunday 3 February 2013

Snapshot 7!

Before I talk about this outfit I would like to apologize for the sock on the right hand side; am just out of a cast and I took the leg brace off for the photo! With that out of the way welcome to snapshot 7! The shorts are actually Dunnes from a few years ago and are my favourite high-waisted item. It's difficult for  me anyway to find high-waisted shorts or jeans that fit both my stomach and my legs so these are my little miracle shorts! I like that there's an option to wear them with a belt too. The top is a really soft crochet and I love the colour. Today there were three of us wearing this particular shade of turquoise in my Russian class so it's clearly a good colour for all skin tones! I love the fit of it and the slightly puffed sleeves give it a 70s look (nicely juxtapositioned with the 50s inspired high-waisters). I usually wear it with a cute waistcoat and a long skirt for a laid back hippy look. The rose pattern cutoffs were to add a bit of flavour and a contrasting colour, you can probably see they have a whole in them but I cant bear to throw them out because they're quite unusual and I haven't seen them anywhere else! I teamed them with the light cardigan just to have something to keep my arms warm and to cover my ass for sitting on cold bus-stop benches! The hat was featured in my 'found items' post and is really simple and cosy. I also painted my nails today so they're in the below picture, bitta blue and black to add some more shades! The bracelets I'm wearing are homemade.