Friday 1 February 2013

Crutch couture!

SO as I got my cast off yesterday I though now was a good time to publish my little guide to fashion while in a cast! Where i go to college one could not turn up for lectures in trackies without attracting concerned looks and possible stone throwing so I had to make my usual look work! TIP 1 make sure your cast is well decorated-get some coloured sharpies and go to a party! I had random people in the street from Amnesty International wanting to sign mine so I just carried a marker at all times! Its also fun to doodle on it if you're bored! TIP 2 if like me you don't see trackies as an option invest in some funky baggy shorts or hippy pants (like in snapshot 3!). Its a chance to be a little funky while being comfy! TIP 3 dresses are a sweet and easy option, ditto skirts (if you want to hide the cast long hippy skirts or long trousers can work). I like to show it off cos when you're on crutches its pretty obvious anyway! Because it's winter then TIP 4 will be especially useful. Two words; footless tights. Leggings won't generally stretch enough to go over a plaster cast and tights just look damned ridiculous.
 What I did was look some footless tights and regular tights and just cut the bottom of them off. U can hem them to prevent rolling but in this case its best not to as it leaves the ends really easy to stretch and pull over the wide heel of the cast. If you have a couple of pairs that you don't mind to much not keeping as tights its nice to have a variety of options. I was on crutches for 6 weeks so I needed the options! The only other advice I'd offer is to invest in some fluffy socks as your toes get a bit chilly being exposed to the elements ( I always thought people just did this as a style thing but it's a genuine necessity my friends!)