Friday 1 February 2013

Snapshot 5!

A slightly more subdued number again. Had a pub night after college so wanted to dress up a little! This dress was in the bargain section in TKMaxx because there was no underdress with it (saucy!). My mum gave me the red slip for underneath. The knitted waistcoat is also a hand-me-down from my mum. She never wore it herself and had it from before she had me! Its surprisingly warm (probably partly because of the fact the lace dress underneath is made from mostly acrylic). The belt is something I would usually add to dresses; I think I have a waist cinching belt in every colour under the sun at this stage! As per usual I've included my two clothing addictions; converse and over-knee socks. I originally got these grey and black stripe socks for school because I didn't like the plain grey ones I was required to wear!
Final note is again on make-up and accessories. I used red eyeliner as an alternative to complementing the look with red lipstick. The blue star earrings were to add a splash of another colour and I wanted something quite big and statement-y.