Sunday 10 February 2013

It ain't easy being scene

So I wanted to feature some old pics of how my style developed over the years and I would have to label my 'scene kid' era as the defining period of my style history. Now my main focus in any outfit is colour and pattern. It also added strongly to the passion I still have for over the knee socks! The concept of scene style is big over the top and brightly coloured clothes. Tutus and lumo colours are hugely a part of the style. Big colourful hair is also encouraged as well as copious amounts of wrist wear and earrings. Piercings are common with this style which is sometimes referred to as the colourful sister of emo style! For ages I always admired the style and loved looking at it online. The inspiration from Japanese culture and style adds a cutesyness and brightness that I love. It was difficult to really get into it as an everyday style as I didn't have any friends who dressed that way. While I'm in college now and can wear whatever I like and people wont hold it against me back then even my friends would tease me about some of the over the top things I liked to wear and I got a lot of funny looks on the dart. Happily it fostered in me the creativity that has helped shape my style and personality today and its a look that a still consider both fun and lovely!