Thursday 21 March 2013

Vintage yo!

Christy Turlington, Vogue Oct. 1990
Today I wanted to look at some colourful 90s fashion that I find inspiring. I recently started following a blog about 90s super models and I love seeing some of the style!
As soon as this outfit appeared I was in love! I'm a huuuge fan of anything multicoloured because it's an easy way to look distinctive and stand out in the crowd. The detail on the front of the dress and on the shoe was really cutesy, kitschy and just a tad over the top which acts as a bit of a contrast to the very sexy bodycon style of the dress!


This is another example of some 90s style that I loved. I adore red and green as a combination because they contrast and therefor look really distinctive together. I love the coat and the cute of it is gorgeous but my favourite part of this is the hat. Hats are such a fantastic accessory, but big hats are the best. Top hats and bowlers add a class and a unique twist to any outfit and I think they should be worn casually more often.  The whole outfit looks elegant without being formal and of course its still colourful!