Tuesday 29 January 2013

Snapshot 3!







This is another lil somethin'-somethin' I put together for college. This one drew a couple of positive comments from people in my class-especially the top, and a lot of odd looks from the older generation as they drove by me waiting for the bus :PThe lace top is an edited item; it was originally a long sleeved leotard but I cut the sleeves short and removed the crotch region of it so it was more comfortable and a little less dressy for everyday wear. 

The hippy pants are probably one of my favourite items of clothing i got them for a steal in a little Indian shop while on holiday in Portugal. They are super baggy and comfortable but can actually be worn with a lot of things! Every time I wear them my younger brother likes to roll out the MC Hammer jokes!
The hat glows in the dark (which is all the time in Ireland at the moment) and I'm fairly sure belongs to my best mate Stephen. (He has an impressive selection of beanies which I have to regularly pilfer!)





As per usual the shoes are of course converse (I do own other shoes, cons are just the easiest option atm (at the moment) cos I have to wear comfortable flat shoes!).


The last item is my soft blazer. A bargain bucket miracle from new look sale a few years back! Before blazers were everywhere I was able to rock this badboy but used to keep it mostly for parties for over short dresses and the like. Today I thought it was a nice formal-ish contrast to the very hippyish trousers. It is also a little bit warmer than your average blazer because its soft cotton! Could probably do with an ironing to return it to the peak of its glory!