Monday 28 January 2013

Snapshot 2!

  So here's our second journey into my daily dresscode! I've mentioned my love of colour a few times and this dress is great cos it has so many colours you can wear it with anything. The dress is home-made by me when I first started using my sewing machine. I used the top shape and fabric from an a/wear maxi-dress. I then slashed the length and used the leftover fabric to layer the top half and to put an underneath layer under the split front. Hemming the whole thing was a nightmare, especially since my sewing machine can be a little temperamental!  It definitely still needs some work as it's strapless and tends to fall down because the fabric is a bit slinky (hence the black string top underneath!).
I teamed it with the same distressed green tights from 'not so semi-formal' and my favourite purple shirt. The knotted shirt and bandanna were to add a bit of the 50s flavour I love. For an alternative option i combined this summery outfit  with my blue snowboots (it was also a slightly icy day!).