Friday 25 January 2013

Snapshot 1!

SO this is the first of my 'outfit snapshots' showing some of the combinations I put together for college, parties etc. Generally the only constant from day to day in my style is colour and the more of it the better! My mum often teases me on the way out the door asking 'what colour are you NOT wearing today?' (in this outfit its purple I believe!). These blue tights are one of my favourite pairs because they're colourful but they're a good alternative to black for when you don't want too many brights! Over-knee socks, along with tights, are the most essential part of any outfit i put together and even as I get older and should probably be growing out of the schoolgirl look I seem to wear them a LOT! They're a really cute and simple way of keeping the leggies a bit warmer (I live in Ireland after all). 


Now the dress isn't really shown in the snapshot but I love it. It's one of my rare high-necked items and is a babydoll-esque style. It nips in at the waist and has a cutesy collar and buttons. I particularly like the colour plus the dress is a really easy option to wear with anything which makes the morning rush a little easier! The jumper is new and probably one of the cosiest things I own. I love the bright colour and i think its particularly good given the dark days upon us at the moment! 






My final note on this outfit is the headband, I'm a huge fan of the 50s look and I have a lot of bandannas. I have really thick hair so its nice to get it out of my eyes especially when its windy and I'm on crutches!