Thursday 2 January 2014

Styling

So I'm thrilled to finally be posting these. I have been writing for The University Times fashion section in my university and we had our first photo shoot based on childhood storybook characters (see the issue here.) I chose the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland having dressed up as him for Hallowe'en and because he is one of the quirkiest of all the classical characters.

I got to choose my model and picked my stunning friend Aisling  because of her gorgeous hair, pale skin and amazing bod (without mentioning her stunning eyes). Due to a scheduling problem, I did not get to borrow clothes from highstreet and vintage shops like the other stylists so I dressed her in items from my own wardrobe.
The shoes are vintage and green velvet inherited from my mother. The culottes are from a charity shop. The corset is amazon which I tinted green with fabric dye when it was part of my Debs dress. The waistcoat is unknown and the blazer is actually Penneys from a few years ago. The gloves are Fatface and the top hat is from Lucy's Lounge in Templebar. The collar is my own making.
We had three fabulous hair and makeup artists come in to get the girls styled into character-mine was Tee Elliot. Our photographer was the incredibly talented Hayley K. Stuart. The full photosets from the shoot can be found on her Facebook page.

As my first official experience as a stylist I completely fell in love with the process-planning the outfit, picking the model, describing the hair and make-up and even posing the model were all part of the experience and it was very professional. Can't wait until the next shoot-who'd have though being behind the scenes was just as fun as being in front of the camera?