Thursday 2 January 2014

Goin' to the chapel..


I'm working through a backlog of posts, editing and updating as most were left with just the images!
Here's one from my cousin's wedding in September. I went to England with my mother and youngest brother to celebrate with my beautiful cousin and her new husband.
In these picture's I've borrowed my little cousin's cravat to see how it looked (not quite blending in seamlessly with the rest of the look!)
The bowler hat is from George's Street arcade and I used it to really dress up for the occasion. The dress is from Templebar and my dad bought it for me. It's a classic 50s dress with a halter strap, very tight top with a sweetheart neckline and a bell-shape skirt from the waist. It has a netting hem and is a silky black with purple velvet polka dots. The shoes were from a little boutique in Mayo and I hadn't worn them since breaking my foot in them the previous year!


On a further style note I've included a picture of my brother, uncle and wee cousin sporting part of my heritage. There were a large number of the Scottish members of my family at the party so my brother was kitted out appropriately. Kilts are fantastic formal wear for men and really standout in most situations. They do have a lot of accessories required, such as the sporran, socks, sgian dubh etc. My brothers outfit is a more casual modern twist with just a plain jumper and a bow tie and my other brother has been known to wear his with just a plain t-shirt to keep things a little casual. I couldn't help wishing I had a tartan dress to wear!

And of course, on a final note -you're never fully dressed without a smile!