Friday 30 August 2013

Snapshot 22!


So another snapshot to mark my back-to-college shopping trip. I had books and nose rings to buy and I woke up with only a few hours of the afternoon left before the shops closed. I threw myself into something simple and comfortable. The dress is a blue, skater-style from Penneys that I bought for a date, the over-knee socks are inherited from my mum (God knows when she wore them!) and used to be school socks. The jumper is another inherited number that I found in the bin-bag my mum had gathered to give to the charity shop. I love that its the classic, simple 90s sweater; plus it's black and it goes with everything! The orange bandanna and the silk brogues added a splash of colour. The brogues are from TKMaxx and are my new 'instant-quirk' item. Several strangers complemented me on them while I was out in Dublin plus the are super flat and comfortable. The necklace also got some compliments-it's a real bug set in glass that my dad brought back from a work trip. Weirdly enough the casing glows in the dark I recently discovered! It was my usual cat-flick liner and after taking pictures I threw on my new bright-orange Clarins lipstick to brighten it all up. Comfy, simple and a slight nod to the back-to-school style dominating the highstreet this time of year!