Thursday 29 August 2013

Jeans

Today marked day 35 in my hunt for fabulous high waisted jeans.
I have not bought jeans for myself for nearly 7years. I have been blessed with a friend who periodically throws out jeans in my size and was the previous owner of all but one pair of my jeans (the remaining pair having been a bonus of helping a friend with a video shoot where they were part of the costume).
Jeans shopping is right up there with bikini shopping for most of us women. It is a kind of peculiar torture that ruins the usual pleasure of treating yourself to new clothes. High-waisters have added a level of difficulty to my jeans shopping previously experienced by no sane human on this planet. It is killing me.
My body is designed to not fit normal jeans. Luckily I am not hugely fond of wearing jeans but that could have come from years of having to choose between jeans that fit my legs or jeans that fit my ass. I never manage to get both! Now I have decided to torture myself further by trying to find ones that fit both waist and booty. What have I done. My naivety led me to believe that since high-waisters were originally from a time when curves were the in thing that it wouldn't be the impossible dream to hope that there would still exist pairs for a woman like myself! I was wrong. They are for the skinny, boyishly fabulous, assless model types. The fact that my shape would rock it too is I could just get one to fit an hourglass is irrelevant to the mainstream jeans-makers.
But my fabulous ass will not be giving up til it is clad in sassy high-waisted denim! Even if I have to hunt down someone who owned a pair when they first came out and steal their wardrobe. It is on.