Friday 30 August 2013

Snapshot 21!

So recently I've developed a slight obsession with blue. I own far too many blue clothes. On the plus side, it makes it easy to co-ordinate a bright and breezy outfit. This one was for a pub night with some friends out in Dundrum. The blue hat is a found item, the Aztec print top is Penneys, the belt is lost-and-found sale, the shiny leggings are a hand-me-down from my mum and the skirt is Debenhams sale and the boots are Oxfam.

I love that the skirt is shorter at the front than the back it gives it a slightly more interesting shape. The shine on it brightens any outfit and the pleats are those fantastic ones that require no ironing. The leggings were to keep myself covered as it was chilly and the shiny skirt looks much too short at the front with bare legs sometimes. It also sits elegantly high-waisted which worked with the shorter Aztec top. The belt was sorely needed to cinch in the waist of the short top otherwise the whole outfit would have looked a little..wide. The hat was to cover a recent travesty of a haircut. The boots were to top it off and add height. 

I kept the make-up simple with a black cat-flick eyeliner and my dark purple lipstick which makes any outfit a little more chic.