Saturday 19 April 2014

Women in History Shoot!

So here are two of the shots from the University Times' 'Women in History' photoshoot.

Once again I was lucky to work with the wonderful Hayley Stuart who has shot for UT before. (Her album from the shoot is here)

Our photo was to replicate 50s fashion. My models were two close friends of mine, Lorna and Anna and for a change I was working with another stylist, Danielle Courtney. Danielle came up with Lorna's look (the feminine look). We used a blue full skirt and combined it with a striped blouse of my own and blue dolly heels.
The hair was a classic soft curl and we chose a subtle 50s make-up look with cat-flick eyes, a pink lip and neat, sharp brows.
Anna's look was my design, I wanted to show off men's 50s fashion but with a modern, androgynous twist. She is wearing stone-washed high waisted jeans from Urban outfitters teamed with a high collared white shirt and a black blazer. We finished it with heeled brogues, slicked back hair and a bold purple smokey eye. She also wears an asymmetrical fedora from TKMaxx.

Both make-up looks were done by Helen McGinty.