Sunday 7 April 2013

You shall go to the ball!

So I recently attended Trinity Ball which, for those of you who don't know it, is a black tie music festival on the grounds of Trinity College.
As per usual, I really wanted to stand out and above all be colourful but only had an hour or two to put something together with things I already had at home so here is what I ended up with.

The floor length skirt was to hide my big trainers and I made it myself from a debs dress (it actually formed the lower half of my homemade debs dress!). I teamed it with a black strapless crop top so as to keep things a little fun and informal. The hat was actually the staple thing that I really wanted to wear-I got it in Georges Street Arcade (I also got a black one but felt like being colourful!). The jacket is a/wear I think from a few years ago and I used my red belt to keep the waist cinched in and sexy. I used 'hip' accessories wearing a hipster-glasses necklace from Accesorize. I topped the whole look off with colourful make-up; bright red lipstick and half orange, half yellow eyeliner!
I have fondly nicknamed this look 'clown style' because I really went over the top with lots of bright colours!